All Things New
Sunday, January 6th, 2018
Best Practices for Missional Community Bible Study Facilitation
- As you begin each study, pray that God will speak to you through his Word.
- Listen attentively to other members. Encourage only Bible reading from phones during the study.
- Work to include everyone’s voice by asking follow-up questions, restating what you heard someone say, and asking for more details to thoughts given by group members.
- It is often helpful for someone to take notes of the discussion and send them out afterwards to reinforce key learnings from the study.
- Pray for one another and be accountable to applying the word of God to your lives.
- What does this scripture communicate about the heart of God?
- What does it teach us about ourselves?
- Does it challenge our thinking/beliefs in a new way?
Sermon Specific Questions:
- Read John 15:1-17. Jesus calls us to abide in Him, so for Christian we are called to shift from striving in our own power to abiding in His love and power. What areas of your life are you currently striving?
- What rhythms can you employ this year as a way to join with Jesus in his call to abide
- Knowing that all Christians are called to disciple others, how do you see abiding in Christ influencing others around you?